7 things to do in the Whiteshell on Spring Break
Spring Break is coming up, it’s time to find creative, fun and NEW ways to get the family out of the house and experiencing the outdoors. Here are 7 things to do in the Whiteshell this Spring Break!
1. Trail riding at Falcon Beach Ranch
The kind folks and friendly horses at Falcon Beach Ranch are ready to take you on a Whiteshell adventure. Ride through the boreal forest of the Whiteshell; alongside natural beaver ponds, up granite ridges and down natural sand slopes. All ages and riding levels are welcome!
2. A photo walk to Pine Point Rapids
Wander through the tall trees, find the bubbling rapids, check out the warming huts, and have a wiener roast alongside the rapids! Try out your photography skills by taking long-exposures of the running waters to capture beautiful motion blur!
3. Experience Bannock Point Petroforms
As the snow melts, the rock formations will emerge. Learn about the sacred ground and Anishinaabe cultural traditions, teachings and stories found at the Bannock Point Petroforms.
4. Get a bite to eat at Hi-Point Restaurant
Hi-Point is busy cooking up delicious eats for adventurers and cottagers! How about gourmet pizza, a loaded wrap, or a stacked burger? Plus local beer and a great kids menu – they’ve got it all!
5. Visit Alfred Hole Goose Sanctuary
Learn a thing or two in the visitors centre, have a picnic with the geese, watch the baby goslings and explore the area. Enjoy a lovely walking path, geese returning in spring, and listen to the therapeutic sounds of rushing water. Family-friendly and great for little children!
6. Enjoy Falcon Ridge Ski Slopes annual Slush Cup celebration!
It’s an end-of-season celebration, complete with music, competitions, games, beer gardens, and all sorts of snowy fun (in whatever is left of it!).
7. Go mountain biking
The Whiteshell boasts some incredible mountain biking trails! With options for all levels, it’s a fun way to be active and see the park! If there’s still snow on the ground, try fat biking!
Lastly… time to get ready to book your campsites!
Mark your calendars:
- April 4, 2022 – Reservations open for cabins, yurts, and group-use areas in all provincial parks.
- April 6, 2022 – Reservations open for Falcon Beach, Falcon Lakeshore & West Hawk Lake campsites.
- April 11, 2022 – Reservations open for all remaining Whiteshell campsites: Caddy Lake, Big Whiteshell, Brereton Lake, Nutimik Lake, Opapiskaw, Otter Falls, Betula Lake, and White Lake.